Tweets and direct messages are broken for many Twitter users

Joystiq

Joystiq News
Something is very wrong with Twitter right now, but it’s not clear exactly what. As of Wednesday afternoon, core features, including direct messages and tweets, are not working for large swaths of users.

While some users are able to tweet, many users are receiving messages that they can’t tweet or as they are “over the daily limit for sending Tweets.” A similar message appears when attempting retweets: “Sorry! You’ve have exceeded your Tweet limit. Try retweet again tomorrow.” While rate limiting can in some cases be an anti-spam tactic, the messages are appearing even for accounts that have shared relatively few tweets.

Twitter's Direct Messages are not loading.

Screenshot via Twitter

In my case, I’ve tweeted less than two dozen times today, and I’m receiving the errors. According
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, the “technical limit” for accounts is 2,400 tweets and 500 direct messages a day. For now, using Twitter's scheduling function appears to bypass the issue.

Additionally, direct messages are down for many users. Instead of the normal inbox view, it simply says “Something went wrong. Try reloading.” Previously sent messages are currently inaccessible.

It’s not clear what the source of these issues are. Twitter, which no longer has a communications team, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Developing…

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Console Bang News!

Users who are viewing this thread