An all-digital Samsung Music Frame Pro is the natural next step

SamMobile

SamMobile
SamMobile
Samsung complemented its audio equipment lineup at
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
— a smart speaker inspired by The Frame smart TV and versatile enough to be used independently or paired with Samsung's Q-Symphony soundbars. It is now available for purchase, and Samsung even lets you buy a

I must admit that after Samsung first announced the Music Frame speaker in January, I went through a rollercoaster of emotions. Initially, I loved it. Then, I felt disappointed by it. Now, I'm warming up to it again. But ultimately, I hope Samsung will eventually release a Music Frame Pro. Here's why.

I want a Music Frame Pro with a screen​

Initially, because Samsung claimed that Music Frame was inspired by The Frame, many people – including myself – were left with the impression that the smart speaker is equipped with a screen.

I later found out that wasn't the case and that the album covers and photos on the Music Frame are as analog as they can be. They're cardboard.

I was quite disappointed by this realization, but now that I have made peace with the reality of the situation, I feel more and more attracted to the Music Frame. It grew on me, and I understand the benefits of its simpler design. A screen would've probably increased the price without changing the speaker's audio capabilities, and maybe the current incarnation was the best way to introduce this new product to the world.

Nevertheless, I still feel like the Music Frame left a void that Samsung will have to fill eventually. I can't help but imagine what a Music Frame Pro version with a screen would be like. One capable of displaying album cover art automatically as it pulls metadata from your music or music streaming services.

To be clear, I don't think it would be a good idea to replace the current screenless Music Frame with a screened version. There's no need for the Music Frame to become more expensive, and the Music Frame is good enough for an entry-level model.

However, I would like to see a Music Frame Pro variant with a screen joining the lineup. I'm aware it would probably inflate the price by quite a lot, especially if Samsung uses a quality OLED panel with a matte finish, which would probably be ideal for the best results. But as long as the screenless model remains an option, I think a Pro variant should happen for anyone who wants one.

Maybe next year? Here's hoping Samsung will expand on the lineup at CES 2025, if not earlier.

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread