Beat Up a Werewolf in ‘The Executive’, Now Updated with Full Screen Support for iPhone X Devices

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
We are big fans of Riverman Media’s games, and probably our very favorite of the bunch is The Executive
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. It took more than two years to launch, but when it finally did arrive in July of 2015 The Executive blew our collective socks off. Easily one of the most unique games I’ve ever played, The Executive is a crazy mashup of auto-runner, rhythm game, idle clicker, and beat ’em up, and as absurd as that combination might sound it actually comes together brilliantly. You play as the CEO of a company that has been infiltrated by werewolves, so naturally it’s your job to run through the building smashing in walls while smashing in werewolf faces. Mechanically The Executive has you performing timing-based cues to do all sorts of acrobatic maneuvers as you move through a level. When you run across an enemy things switch to more of a beat ’em up/fighting game as you punch, kick, and special move their butts to dust. It’s a total blast, but on top of all this is a meta game that sees you actually running your company and earning cash in a manner similar to an idle clicker, and then using the cash you earn to buy upgrades. It’s a brilliant addition as you can actually make progress in The Executive even when you’re not actively playing. Here’s a trailer.

Yeah, it’s pretty crazy, but also fantastic. We loved The Executive
, our
, and in our
. And since it’s been almost four years since it launched, it was one of the games in my library of favorites that hadn’t been updated with full screen support for iPhone X devices, which made me sad. But as of today I’m happy again, because The Executive has been updated with that full screen support I so desired, and it’s given me a reason to dive back in and enjoy this wacky game all over again. It’s also a great opportunity to write about The Executive again, and hopefully bring it to the attention of anyone who hasn’t yet experienced this classic. As a side note, Riverman had recently updated their other two big games, Pizza vs. Skeletons and MUL.MASH.TAB.BA.GAL.GAL, with full screen support as well, but for some reason those games aren’t currently available on the App Store. Hopefully it’s just a temporary glitch or something. At any rate, The Executive is absolutely fabulous and is all updated and ready to be enjoyed on modern Apple devices.

Users who are viewing this thread