Best iPhone Game Updates: ‘Tiny Tower’, ‘Genshin Impact’, ‘Soul Knight’, ‘Mighty DOOM’, and More

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Hello everyone, and welcome to the week! It’s time once again for our look back at the noteworthy updates of the last seven days. It’s the beginning of a lovely week of holidays here in Japan, but I’m not going to leave you all hanging, my dearest of chums. I have a lovely list of new updates for you to mull over as you enjoy your Monday morning mud. Of course, you can keep an eye out for updates yourself by participating in the TouchArcade forums. This weekly summary is just here to fill you in on the things you might have missed. Let’s go for it!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

A spiffy new content drop has… you know, dropped in Genshin Impact, and it has all kinds of things for you to play around with. Three new areas, including a harbor location and a sea to go with it. There’s a new character, Arlecchino, and a new weapon in the form of the Crimson Moon’s Semblance. Try it out on the new monsters, Legatus Golem and The Knave. There’s a new main event with a ridiculously long name that I won’t be retyping here, and some new character and action cards for the in-game TCG. A pretty standard update by Genshin Impact standards, but standard for this game tends to go pretty hard.

miHoYo doesn’t usually schedule two big updates in one week, but Honkai Impact 3rd joins its stablemate Genshin Impact for a double impact this time around. A new S-rank battlesuit that deals frosty melee damage, a new Main Story chapter, a couple of new events with plenty of rewards to rack up, three new outfits, and a new stigmata are included here, along with a whole new weapon type in the form of Chained Blades. That category makes its debut with three new weapons to collect and craft. Plenty to enjoy, in other words. Good luck with trying to get your hands on all of that, though.

For our obligatory free-to-play matching puzzle game update this week, I’ve chosen to check in on that most detestable King Robert to see what’s going on in his neck of the woods. The upshot is one hundred new levels to play, of course. The rest is just set dressing, which comes this time in the form of the new Temple area. There’s also a new feature here that sees you collecting cards trying to complete a Royal Collection. See you in the incentivized ads, King Robert.

Gosh, those Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are showing up in just about every game these days. I’ll admit, World of Tanks Blitz was not a game I necessarily expected them to make an appearance in, but here we are. I wonder if you can unlock the Technodrome? That would be cool. But probably it’s just themed paints and stuff. Look, ninjas are cool and all, but with the kind of equipment Shredder and Krang are packing, bringing in heavy artillery is well past overdue. Radical, dudes!

Spring has well and truly sprung where I’m at in the world. I mean, the temperature has been more like summer the last few days, but this is fine. Tiny Tower is decidedly in its spring season however, with a new event kicking off this week. This update also brings in some other goodies, like new Legendary Bits and features such as being able to purchase VIPs. Yes, more ways to spend real money if that’s your preference. Those new Legendary Bits are cute, though. Collect the full set and you’ll be able to skip some ads, though I must admit that watching ads is pretty much the main gameplay element in this title.

More little stories to play in Solitaire Stories, which is about what you would expect from a game carrying such a title. A heart-warming tale of friendship between a giant lady and a tiny man titled A Giant Longing is the feature picture of this update, but there are also three events for you to take part in on top of that. Head to the Cantina, drop by the Flower Shop, and head to the stars for some fun on Venus as you pair up cards and send them to their piles. The notes for this one say that we’re heading into summer, and that certainly feels like the case outside.

Puyo Puyo Puzzle Pop hasn’t been out terribly long, but I suppose it’s been long enough for an update. Time gets away from you if you’re not careful about things, friends. Let’s unfold the ol’ newspaper and see what we have in this one. A new Challenge Adventure map has been added to Adventure mode, and it offers basically exactly what it says in the name. It offers a little roguelite spin, changing up the rules and goals every time you play it. There are also six new character episodes to enjoy, and if you complete them you’ll get some new characters to play with. Multiplayer mode has a new variant to play called Team Score Attack, which puts you in two-on-two teams to do what the name suggests. Finally, there are seven new pieces of background music in the shop, all drawn from past Puyo Puyo games. I suppose I’ll give this the coveted UMMSotW for the week, it’s a rather packed stack.

The mighty mighty Mighty DOOM has gotten a mighty update! Maybe! I am writing this without checking if the update is any good or not, but it’s DOOM. It won’t let us down, surely. Okay, let’s head over. Oh, it’s a Fallout collaboration. My brain was having trouble with that for a second, and then I remembered the same company owns both of these things. Season 14, titled Radioactive Wasteland, seems dedicated to Fallout, complete with some new weapon models, a new Slayer Skin, and more. Also: bug fixes and performance improvements! Those are also very important. Please enjoy them.

Hammer Together? Hm. A new NPC named Smithy is waiting in the garden, promising a new Weapon Merge Mode feature. Some free fish chips? I have no earthly idea what that’s about. Okay, here is some stuff that makes more sense to me. Nine new weapons, some new skills for the Physicist and Costume Prince, several new skins, some new content to chew through, and even a new boss to challenge. Well, have at it. You don’t have to wait for my permission.

unnamed.jpg

Frankly, this title is a little demanding for my liking. Monster Hunter Now? Now? You don’t control my schedule, you presumptuous little string of ones and zeroes. Bah. Monster Hunter WHENEVER SHAUN FEELS LIKE IT. Maybe now. Okay, comedy minute is over. This update adds a new Monster Tracker feature which allows you to hunt the monsters you want to hunt. You can also earn some group hunt rewards for, you know, hunting in a group. Throw in the bug fixes and tweaks, and that will see us out for the day.

That about wraps it up for last week’s significant updates. I’m sure I’ve missed some, though, so please feel free to comment below and let everyone know if you think something should be mentioned. As usual, major updates will likely get their own news stories throughout this week, and I’ll be back next Monday to summarize and fill in the blanks. Have a great week!

Users who are viewing this thread