Could 'Extreme Gear: Demolition Arena' Be the 'Destruction Derby' for iPhone I've Always...

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
When I think back to some of my fondest memories of the original PlayStation, many of them involve me violently driving into my buddies until they explode into a ball of flames in Destruction Derby. There's something so simplistic and beautiful about a demolition derby: A bunch of vehicles smashing into one another until there's just one left standing. It's so American! I've always wondered why this type of game wasn't more prominent on mobile. I mean, we have the classic Carmageddon [
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
/
] which somewhat scratches that itch, and games like Death Rally [
] and CarRage [
] are good fun but they're more weapon-based vehicular mayhem. Sometimes I just want to smash my car into another person's car the good old-fashioned way, you know? Enter
, who are looking to plug the demolition derby hole in the App Store with Extreme Gear: Demolition Arena. Check out the trailer.

Now, Demolition Arena may not have the flashiest graphics around especially compared to racing games like Asphalt 8 [
] or Real Racing 3 [
], but I'm willing to sacrifice fancy visuals for a cool vehicle destruction system and smooth online multiplayer. The trailer also mentions asynchronous play, and I'm kind of curious how that works out. By far the coolest thing about Demolition Arena are the arenas themselves. I spotted a skatepark type thing with ramps to launch off of, some sort of space station with a gaping hole in the side that leads out into the void, a theme park place with a big ol' gorilla head. Oh, and a freaking aircraft carrier? Are you kidding? Sign me up! Extreme Gear: Demolition Arena is shooting for a March release, so keep an eye out for more on this one soon.

Users who are viewing this thread