Do you think the Pixel 5 is a true flagship?

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
Having a chat with the AC forums.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I think it's safe to say that the
is one of the most interesting Android phones of 2020. The device itself might seem boring at first glance, but from a business perspective, it's fascinating.

Rather than competing toe-to-toe with Samsung and Apple in the traditional flagship race, Google decided to do something different with the Pixel 5. It opted for a lesser processor, didn't go overboard with the camera sensors, and the end result is a phone that delivers a high-end experience for a lot less money than the competition.

However, this move has gotten some people debating whether or not the Pixel 5 is a legit flagship — so much so that we're seeing rumors about Google having plans to release a more premium version of the Pixel 5 in March.

Some of our AC forum members have commented on this news, saying:

default.jpg

htcrazy
10-30-2020 06:47 PM

According to Tom's Guide, the Pixel 5 Pro model could be released as early as March to take on the iPhone 12 and Galaxy S21. I think I'll wait and see.

Scott337
10-30-2020 07:07 PM

Google has never released a "Pro" model before, right? I wonder if they are mistaking the possible Pixel 5a in the Spring for some Pro model?

default.jpg

idiotekniques
10-31-2020 01:46 PM

Huh. Interesting. Let's see if this gets substantiated before black Friday. Although I wouldn't want a phone too much bigger than the 5, and want fingerprint over face unlock

Morty2264
11-02-2020 09:11 PM

Wow, really? How exciting! Can't wait to see if that becomes a thing!

Whether or not that actually happens, it got us to wondering — Do you think the Pixel 5 is a true flagship?

4uWMoppCEZ4

Users who are viewing this thread