File size: 41.4 MB
When the command line is not enough, use Magic Linux Recovery to fix disk errors, repair corrupted volumes and extract files and folders from a bunch of Linux and Unix file systems. The tool supports all the classic file systems including Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, XFS, ReiserFS, as well as UFS1 and UFS2. FAT and exFAT commonly used on external media are also supported.
Features and Benefits
Magic Linux Recovery gives Windows users access to files and folders stored on Linux and Unix-formatted disks and offers the ability to fix issues with deleted partitions or corrupted disk volumes. Magic Linux Recovery supports disks and partitions created in all common Linux distributions including Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat, Fedora, CentOS, MX Linux, Manjaro, Linux Mint, Solus, and many others. File systems used in Unix-like operating systems such as FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, MINIX and many others are also supported through the convenient, wizard-based user interface.
• Access data stored on Linux and Unix partitions from your Windows computer;
• Copy information stored on Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, XFS, ReiserFS, UFS1 and UFS2 volumes.
• Undelete files and folders from a wide range of Linux/Unix partitions;
• Recover all types of data from various storage media;
• Run Instant Analysis to access deleted files in a matter of seconds;
• Analyze the entire disk surface with Deep Scan to find missing files even if the file system is missing.
Disk and File System Recovery
• Repairs errors in common Linux and Unix-based file systems;
• Rebuilds corrupted disk volumes;
• Discovers missing partitions and repairs GUID partition tables;
• Recognizes and supports native Linux and Unix partitions in Windows environment;
• Effectively fixes most common logical disk errors.
Powerful Data Recovery
Magic Linux Recovery shares its data recovery engine with our top of the line tools, delivering the latest developments in data recovery to your fingertips. The tool offers a straightforward and fully automated way to recover data from Linux and Unix file systems in the convenient Windows environment. Instant Analysis and Deep Scan correspondingly offer near-instant data recovery or comprehensive analysis of the entire disk surface.
Instantly access deleted files and folders on healthy disk volumes. Magic Linux Recovery analyzes the file system to discover deleted files and folders in a blink of an eye, offering fast and secure recovery in just seconds.
If the file system is corrupted, or if there is any type of logical damage preventing normal disk access, the Content-Aware feature will help to locate and recover supported files by analyzing the entire surface of the hard drive. Content-Aware uses the smart signature analysis to match the content read from the disk surface against a database of supported file formats. Once a signature match is detected, the algorithm performs the analysis of the alleged file header to determine the exact format, beginning and length of the file. By performing the Content-Aware analysis on the disk, you are likely to recover files deleted days, weeks or even months ago.
Updates: official site does not provide any info about changes in this version.