Facebook hopes to prove AR is more than selfie filters and games

Joystiq

Joystiq News
dims

As I'm surrounded by software engineers in a conference room with no natural light, playing augmented reality games on an iPhone, I forget for a second that I'm in Seattle visiting Facebook. Not Amazon or Microsoft. Facebook, a company that's evolved from a simple social network to a full-on technology behemoth. Here, inside the largest engineering hub outside its Menlo Park headquarters, Facebook says people are working on many of the projects that will impact its 10-year roadmap and mission of "
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
" including Games, Groups, Messenger and, of course, ads. But I'm there to talk about one particular emerging technology that the company believes will be key to its future: augmented reality.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!


Console Bang News!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top