FINALLY Race Car Drifting and Point-and-Click Adventuring Come Together in ‘The Longest Drift’, Launching October 26th

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Yeah yeah, peanut butter and chocolate. They go together beautifully. They’re basically a perfect match for each other, and people just love to go ON and ON about it. But you know what I find much more interesting? Two things that don’t seem like they should match up together at all. Throw two weird things together and see what happens, you know? You might just end up with a totally unexpected gem. I’d like to imagine that’s the thought process developer Crevasse went through when they decided to mash together point-and-click adventure gaming with automobile drifting in their upcoming mobile game The Longest Drift. Yes, drift a car expertly through the twists and turns of backcountry roads, BUT ALSO solve puzzles, explore environments, and get to the bottom of the mystery behind the disappearance of two family members. Check out the trailer for The Longest Drift to see how this wacky mashup works.

On paper a point-and-click-and-drifting adventure game sounds way too offbeat to make any sense, but I believe that Crevasse is onto something here, and given their previous work I have full confidence that they are the type of developer who could pull something like this off. I’m actually a huge fan of drifting games and think they’re a really good fit for the mobile platform, since you can often play with just one hand and your thumb. But it’s hard to make a drifting game compelling beyond simply completing trials, so to actually have a bonafide narrative attached, complete with actual puzzle mechanics, sounds incredibly cool to me. The Longest Drift is set to launch later this month on October 26th for just $1.99 with no ads or IAP. You
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and you can join in on some discussion about this one

Users who are viewing this thread