Galaxy Note 9 vs Galaxy S9+: One big reason to go for the Note

SamMobile

SamMobile
SamMobile
To some of you, I may sound like a broken record when I say this, but if you’re someone who cares about their smartphone’s performance, you should be picking up Galaxy Note flagships in general over the Galaxy S models. And that makes the choice easy when it comes to deciding whether you should wait for the
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
or just pick up a Galaxy S9+.

Of course, this advice is not for those who buy the Note flagships for the S Pen. But there are many out there who don’t care about the S Pen and will be wondering if there is another reason to go for a Galaxy Note, which is always costlier than the Plus-sized Galaxy S flagship launched in the same year. This time around,
to wait for the Galaxy Note 9, but what if that doesn’t pan out? What makes it worth waiting for the Galaxy Note 9 if you don’t care about the S Pen and
pops in a smaller battery in it?

Galaxy Note 9 vs Galaxy S9+: Performance is key

As I said in the first sentence of this post, it’s performance. Or, to be more precise, consistent performance. Galaxy S flagships are pretty much as quick as Galaxy Note flagships when they’re new, but even in 2018, the Galaxy S phones tend to develop noticeable stutter and lag a few months down the line. In fact, that’s true for all Samsung devices, only mid-range and budget phones slow down considerably more than the flagships.

But, for some reason, it’s not the same for Note flagships. The Galaxy Note 4
on the performance front, but things have changed. Galaxy Note 8 owners will know how that phone continues to perform well, and I’m sure Galaxy S9+ owners will have a few complaints. I’m not saying the Galaxy S9+ is slow. But it sure isn’t as consistently smooth and quick as it was when it was new. The Note 8 is, and even the Galaxy Note 5 fared better than the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge with long-term usage.

The Galaxy Note 9 will most likely be similarly consistent with its software performance even months after use, and it’s one of the major reasons I think it’s worth waiting for the Note 9, even if it might be costlier than the Galaxy S9+. Again, the Galaxy S9+
and a good choice for those uninterested in what the S Pen brings to the table, especially if they are looking to save some money. But if you demand excellent performance from your phones, the Galaxy Note 9 would hands down be the better choice.

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread