Get 10 of the top albums of 2015 in the Windows Store for free

Windows

Windows
I’m Christina Calio, and I’m on the Groove team here at Microsoft. Today I’m happy to let you know that we’re making 10 of the top albums from 2015 available in the Windows Store, for free for our Windows 10 fans as a gift from us for the holidays, and to say thank you for the support*! The eclectic group of albums we’re presenting includes the newest albums from Selena Gomez, Ellie Goulding, and Breaking Benjamin. We’ve included artists and albums nominated for multiple Grammys at the upcoming 58th annual Grammy Awards, which will take place this February in Los Angeles.

Some of my favorites include the debut album from the charming and talented James Bay, who is up for Best New Artist and Best Rock Album, Currents from Tame Impala which I keep on repeat and is up for Best Alternative Album, and Sound and Color from Alabama Shakes, a phenomenal live band with an album so good it’s in the running for six Grammys including Album of the Year.

In these crazy-busy-hectic and all too often troubling times, music can heal, bring release, spread harmony, and remind us all to take a moment to smile.

Here’s more information on the artists and albums, with links to the Windows Store where you can download them for free to your Windows 10 devices and play them with the Groove app.

James Bay – Chaos and The Calm

jamesbay-chaosandthecalm-1024x1024.jpg

When it comes to debut albums, you can’t do much better than this young English singer-songwriter: nominated for Grammys in Best New Artist, Best Rock Album, and Best Rock Song.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
by clicking the Free button in the Windows Store.

Alabama Shakes – Sound & Color

alabamashakes-soundandcolor-1024x1024.jpg

Nominated for six Grammys – including Album of the Year – this Atlanta soul-rock group’s sophomore album has earned great success!

Tame Impala – Currents

tameimpala-currents-1024x1024.jpg

With one track (Let It Happen) a Top 10 worldwide trending topic on Twitter and the video for another (‘Cause I’m A Man) racking up more than 2 million views on YouTube, it’s no wonder this band from Down Under headlined both weekends at Coachella.

Selena Gomez – Revival

selenagomez-revival-1024x1024.jpg

The pop singer graduates to a more mature, electropop sound in this chart-topping new album, and her video for the single Same Old Love has been viewed more than 60 million times on Vevo.

Ellie Goulding – Delirium

elliegoulding-delirium-1024x1024.jpg

She’s a dance-pop sensation, and this British star is already up for a Grammy for Best Pop Solo Performance for Love Me Like You Do.

Alessia Cara – Know It All

alessiacara-knowitall-1024x1024.jpg

For a bright new R&B star, knocking Adele out of the top spot on the Shazam USA Top 200 Chart with her hit Here must have been a big moment – but it looks like she’s got lots of big moments ahead of her.

Breaking Benjamin – Dark Before Dawn

breakingbenjamin-darkbeforedawn-1024x1024.jpg

It’s been six years since this American rock last released an album, but it appears to have been worth the wait: it debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 100 this summer and the new single Angels Fall has been #1 at Active Rock four weeks in a row.

Jeezy – Church In These Streets

jeezy-churchinthesestreets-1024x1024.jpg

By his own admission, this Atlanta hip-hop star has rediscovered just how powerful his voice is, and his latest album gives fans the perfect forum for rediscovering his soul.

Logic – The Incredible True Story

logic-theincredibletruestory-1024x1024.jpg

In this fun, new concept album, the hip-hop artist drops his former chameleon style for a string of shining, no-compromises tracks that ably show off his wit and talent.

Big Sean – Dark Sky Paradise

bigsean-darkskyparadise-1024x1024.jpg

This new release already has a hit in Play No Games, featuring Chris Brown and Ty Dolla Sign, and the hip-hop star with a Best Rap/Song Collaboration nomination was seen by millions at the Detroit Lions halftime show last week.

The Groove team and I hope you enjoy these great music albums; you can download one or all ten! They are available for free for a limited time in the Windows Store so don’t delay in downloading them.

Happy holidays!

Christina

*Limited time offer. Available on Windows 10 devices in the United States only.

Users who are viewing this thread