If it’s got an Exynos 990, is it really a Galaxy S20 ‘Fan’ edition?

SamMobile

SamMobile
SamMobile
The best thing about the Galaxy S10 Lite, the device everyone
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, was that it was powered by a Snapdragon chip worldwide. It wasn’t a full-blown flagship, but for anyone who wanted a high-end Galaxy phone with a Snapdragon 855,

When the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition rumors started (
), it excited us that a Galaxy S10 Lite successor was on its way and would give people the option to buy a flagship-like phone with the Snapdragon 865/865+. Only, it seems Samsung isn’t really taking the same approach for the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: The device is rumored to be powered by the Exynos 990 for the LTE variant and the

And that makes me wonder: Is this phone really going to be for fans if it includes the
?

Fan Edition feels like a misnomer if there’s an Exynos 990 under the hood

Now, I know what some of you are thinking: Regular customers don’t really care or know what processor is inside their phone, and it’s only us ‘geeks’ who make a big deal of it. You would be right, but still, why put something that disappointed pretty much everyone who cares about the technical stuff in a phone that has the Fan Edition tag, unless the thinking here is that true fans will gobble up anything Samsung has to offer? With the Exynos 990 powering the Galaxy S20 FE, people may as well save up and get the flagship
or Galaxy S20+, because the upcoming spin-off isn’t really expected to offer anything unique over its flagship cousins (
).

The Galaxy S20 FE is
, and I’m very interested to see if Samsung will address the Exynos elephant in the room or if it will just push it under the rug (I’m assuming it’s going to be the latter). I’m even more interested to hear what our readers think about the Galaxy S20 FE being powered by the Exynos 990, so sound off in the comments section!

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread