Make sure your data is backed up on World Backup Day

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
Remember to backup your important data, media, and memories.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

By now, you've probably heard of just about every "special holiday" in existence, from National Pizza Day (there are actually several of these) to World Emoji Day (July 17). Despite having heard about some of these fun and obscure celebrations, I'm willing to bet that you probably didn't know that today is World Backup Day.

What is World Backup Day? Well, I'm glad that you asked!

World Backup Day was established in 2011 with the goal of reminding people how important it is to back up their data regularly. It is intentionally held on the day before April Fools Day to help remind people just how awful it would be if they were to lose all of their data at once.

Android Central backup resources

The team at Android Central has written extensively on the topic of data backup, and to recognize this important day, we've prepared a collection of some of our favorite articles to help you get a handle on your data backups.

For starters, we have several articles about various online backup storage solutions such as
and
, as well as guides on

There is coverage on restoring your
and
chats, as well as on backing up your photos in
or transfering those photos from one storage service like

We also have guides on how to restore apps on a new
or other
, should you be looking to move from an older phone to a newer device. Whatever your data backup questions are, chances are we've got an answer in the AC archives!

However, if you want a one-stop shop for backing up your data, then consider a program like BackBlaze, which allows you to backup an unlimited amount of data off a single computer for just $6 per month.

Peace of mind

BackBlaze

The industry standard for online backups.

Backblaze works on Macs and PCs and keeps all of your files backed up safe and secure in the cloud. If you ever lose your data or machines, Backblaze will send you a hard drive to restore and get you back on your feet again.

Take the pledge

If you are interested in learning more about World Backup Day and taking the official pledge to backup your data, visit the cause's
. I did!

I solemnly swear to backup my important stuff on World Backup Day, March 31st. Take the pledge!

— Jeramy Johnson (@jeramyutgw)
wFO22Fv-2xU

Users who are viewing this thread