New 'Transformers: Forged to Fight' Trailer Unveiled at New York Toy Fair, Coming this Spring

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Back in early December, Kabam and Hasbro
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
a new mobile fighting game starring everyones' favorite transforming robots called Transformers: Forged to Fight. Being from Kabam, makers of the overwhelmingly successful mobile fighter Marvel Contest of Champions [
], most people figured this would be a Transformers re-skin of that existing game. Well, that's largely true, but as pointed out
with one of the game's creative directors later that month Transformers: Forged to Fight has a few new tricks up its sleeve for fans of Kabam's Marvel-branded brawler. The two most significant changes are the introduction of ranged attacks and the ability to side-step attacks by swiping up or down and moving towards the foreground or background. This means fights are technically taking place in a 3D space but are still largely fought on 2D planes like normal. Anyway, at the New York Toy Fair over the weekend, Hasbro and Kabam released a new trailer for Forged to Fight, and it's looking really great.

Ok, so, as I've admitted plenty of times in the past, I was a huge addict of Marvel Contest of Champions. Like many free to play games though, it eventually began to feel like a chore trying to gain all the MANY different resources to upgrade my heroes, so after much contemplation and soul searching I finally deleted the game from my device. However, I had a tremendous amount of fun for nearly two years before that point, and I look back fondly on my time with Contest of Champions. Based on that I was actually pretty excited about a Transformers-themed version of the game. Unfortunately, while Forged to Fight is currently
in the Danish App Store, it's also region-locked meaning just having an iTunes account in that region will only allow you to download the game but not connect and play. If you use a VPN on your device you can spoof your location to Denmark, where the game is soft-launched, and play that way, but if you aren't trying to jump through VPN hoops then look for the global rollout of Transformers: Forged to Fight sometime this spring.

Users who are viewing this thread