Project Cars 2 creators pick their favourite moments from the returning racing sim, out today

PlayStation

PlayStation
With 9 motorsport disciplines, 29 series, over 140 track layouts, and over 180 cars, choosing a favourite was a tough choice for both the devs and the 7 real-world motorsport drivers who have worked as handling consultants on the game. But choices need to be made …

1. Rod Chong: CCO
Porsche 935 anywhere

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I have about a hundred replicas of this car including an actual life-size one. Yes, I’m mildly obsessed by it! It has everything you’d ever associate with Porsche: designed by Norbert Singer, based on the 911 platform, a Flat 6 turbo, and it dominated its era like nothing before or since winning 150 races included Daytona no less than six times and Le Mans as well. For me, this is the last word in racing Porsches.

2. Andy Tudor: Creative Director
VW Polo rallycross at Lydden Hill

Barrelling through the chicane at Lydden Hill at full speed before sliding the entirety of the next right-hander in Johan Kristoffersson’s Volkswagen Polo is just too much fun. The entire course reminds me of karate-kata—intense breakneck sections punctuated by balletic sideways drifting.

3. Tommy Milner: Corvette factory driver & Le Mans winner
Way too many!

I’m excited by my Corvette C7.R online. I know there’ll be lots of drivers eager to see how they stack up, and I’m already mentally preparing for getting beat! Outside of that, I’m most excited about all the vintage race cars and setting up some mixed class racing with different era of cars. Just imagining piloting an XJR-9 and going around the outside of a Z/28 Camaro in Rainey Curve at Laguna, 30+ Touring Cars at the Nordschleife in the wet … I won’t be having much of an off-season this year!

4. Mitchell deJong: Honda Civic Red Bull GRC driver
Ice Racing at Sampala

My favourite combo is a toss-up between my Honda Civic on Hell, Norway, or the OMSE Lites car at Sampala.

5. René Rast: Audi Factory Driver, 2-time Spa 24 Hour winner
Audi R8 at the Nordschleife

I like the new laser-scanned tracks, which is a big help in my personal race preparation. I did lots of laps on the laser-scanned Nordschleife with the Audi R8, but also with prototypes like LMP2 cars and … IndyCars!

6. Nic Hamilton: Touring car driver
Indycar at Long Beach

Rallycross is cool at Hell in Norway, but for me, IndyCar at Long Beach all the way!

7. Ben Collins: Top Gear’s ex-Stig, stuntman, and Le Mans winning race driver
Anything at Le Mans

The thing that excites me most about Project Cars 2 is the raw immersion. The car becomes an extension of your body, you drive intuitively. My favourite tracks are places like Oulton Park, Brands Hatch, and Le Mans because of all the gradient changes, the banking, and the bumps. Le Mans is especially addictive because when you race from dusk ’till dawn, you get some freaky light conditions, and I never feel more at home than when I’m squinting through an apex with one wheel in the air.

I find it hard to drag myself away from my old favourites like the LMP1. That said, some of the older beasts like the Ferrari 333 SP are sensational and I’m delighted that we have the range of Ferrari road cars to choose from because I have so many fond memories of them from “Top Gear”. When I’m really feeling brave, I take the V8 Supercar for a spin around Bathurst and try to beat my times from when I last raced there!

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread