Root for your team in Super Bowl 50 with these custom Android themes

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

February is here, and that means it's time for the biggest game of the year.

Yep, it's Super Bowl time! You've got the big screen, you've got the snack foods, you've got the booze. But you're still missing something. Sure, you've got the body paint and jerseys ready to wear on game day, but what does your phone have? Well, you can douse it in a winning coat of team spirit to and show your support for your team, be it the Denver Broncos or the Carolina Panthers.

Here's our game plan:

• We're using
    ($3.99) for the bold colors in Quicktheme and the Quickpage, allowing us to hide widgets and other icons off the simple home screen layout. If you're not using the paid version, you can do everything except the Quicktheme colors.
  • Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
    for Tabbed Weather widget
  • (Optional)
    , for multi-player support and easy adaptability for a wide variety of themes
  • Sports widget(s) of your choice. We show
    and
  • (Optional)
    ($3.99) widget for quick tweets during the game
  • Icon Packs used this round:
    ,($1.60) and
  • Wallpapers, Icons, and Sounds from
Carolina Panthers

1. Download theme assets from our Google Drive folder:
  2. Set the Carolina striped blue wallpaper as your wallpaper.
  3. Enter Action Launcher Settings. In Quicktheme, set the Quickbar to Dark muted. Set Quickdrawer and Quickpage to Vibrant. Folder can be set either to Vibrant or Dark muted.
  4. Install
    and set it as your icon pack in Action Launcher under Display. In Desktop settings, set icon scale to 85% and set the desktop grid as 5 wide by 6 high. Scroll down in Desktop settings to Miscellaneous and enable Quickpage.
  5. Long-press your app drawer icon, and scroll down to My photos. Navigate to the Panthers logo or Super Bowl 50 logo. Expand the selection box to cover the entire icon and set.
  6. (Optional) Add
    at the bottom of the home screen, using the Clear style.
  7. Add
    Tabbed widget. In the widget's settings, select Transparent for the Background, Black for the Icon Set, and White for the Accent. You could reverse the Icon Set and Accent, but the black icon set seems a hair easier to read.
  8. Add your sports and game-day widgets to the Quickdrawer. This will keep them out of the way until the big day, but still easy to access and use. I put
    widget in for firing off quick tweets and checking my feed for anyone who needs a good smackdown.
    will keep me up-to-date with NFL headlines.
  9. While score widgets from
    or
    are more useful during the regular season, during the Super Bowl, they're not as needed since everyone will be watching the same game together. I'm keeping a shortcut to my gif and meme folders in Solid Explorer handy for said live-tweeting and smack talking.
  10. Set notification and ringtone.
Denver Broncos

1. Download theme assets from our Google Drive folder:
  2. Set Broncos Striped wallpaper.
  3. Enter Action Launcher Settings, open Quicktheme. Set the Quickbar and Quickpage to Vibrant (which should be Broncos Orange). Set the Folders and Quickdrawer to Dark Vibrant (which should be navy).
  4. Install and set
    as your icon pack in Display settings in Action Launcher. Make sure your Quickpage is enabled in Desktop settings, and set the desktop grid to 5 wide by 6 high.
  5. Long-press the app drawer icon. Scroll down to My Photos, then navigate to the Broncos logo or Super Bowl 50 logo from the theme folder. Pull the preview box to cover the entire icon, then set.
  6. (Optional)
    at the bottom of the home screen, using the Clear style.
  7. Add
    Tabbed widget. In the widget's settings, select Transparent for the Background, White for the Icon Set, and Orange for the Accent.
  8. Add your sports and game-day widgets to the Quickdrawer. This will keep them out of the way until the big day, but still easy to access and use. I put
    widget in for firing off quick tweets and checking my feed for anyone who needs a good smackdown.
    News widget will keep me up on headlines heading into the game.
  9. While score widgets from
    or
    are more useful during the regular season, during the Super Bowl, they're not as needed since everyone will be watching the same game together. I'm keeping a shortcut to my gif and meme folders in Solid Explorer handy for said live-tweeting and smack talking.
  10. Set notification and ringtone.

Whichever team you're rooting for, we hope these themes won't let you down on game day, or any day. And stay tuned for more deadly awesome themes from Android Central!

a2t.img
mf.gif
iac2qGQlSis

Users who are viewing this thread