Samsung appoints new executive for Bixby 2.0 development

SamMobile

SamMobile
SamMobile
Samsung recently appointed a new executive for the development of Bixby in an effort to enhance the performance of the assistant, which, as The Korea Herald notes, has faced a lackluster response from the market.

The firm confirmed on Thursday that Samsung Research America’s Vice Chief Chung Eui-suk has been named the Head of its Service Intelligence Group, the team that’s responsible for developing and maintaining
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Bixby Voice Review:

Eui-suk has reportedly been tasked with overseeing the development of Bixby 2.0. The next-generation version of the assistant is expected to be announced at Samsung’s annual Developer Conference on October 18.

It’s unclear what exactly is new in Bixby 2.0, though the firm’s President of Mobile DJ Koh has openly admitted that there’s a lot of room for improvement, hinting towards support for third-party services.

I’m not really a fan of Bixby Voice

As I said in our
, I’m not a fan of Bixby Voice. It’s far too slow for my liking, taking an eternity to process simple requests, so I’m hoping Samsung’s found a way to address that with Bixby 2.0. Fingers crossed.

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread