SideFX Houdini FX 17.0.459 | 1.4 Gb
SideFX has released a new sneak peek for Houdini 17.0.459, the next update to its 3D animation and FX software. Unlike its Siggraph demo, which focused on the new PolyDraw direct modelling system, it shows what looks to be the entire feature set, including UVs; animation; hair, fluids and dynamics simulation; and rendering.
Houdini Main Changelogs - January 10, 2019:
- Fixed bug with setting the bend region in the bend tool when object transforms are present when the viewer is set to Show All Objects or Ghost Other Objects. Still does not work correctly when the viewer is set to Hide Other Objects.
- Added a Time Scale parameter to the Bullet solver.
- Fixed a bug in VDB activation from a reference VDB in intersect and difference modes. The new routine should also be faster, especially when the two VDBs have very different voxel sizes.
- Fix bug in the viewport Group Info panel introduced in 17.0.347. The group tree was being drawn upside down.
- Corrected screen projection of BG image when either the camera screen or the display option screen isn't (0,0)-(1,1).
About SideFX Houdini FX 17.0. Houdini FX combines superior performance and dramatic, ease-of-use to deliver a powerful and accessible 3D experience to VFX artists creating feature films, commercials or video games. With its procedural node-based workflow, Houdini lets you create more content faster to reduce timelines and enjoy enhanced flexibility in all your creative tasks. Houdini is perfect for Visual Effects artists and technical directors with its particle and dynamics environment. Houdini FX includes a complete toolset for studios that want to use it for other tasks such as lighting, animation or procedural modeling.
Houdini 17 Banshee includes a wealth of new features, including a GPU-accelerated multisolver for cloth, hair, soft bodies and grains, a new white water solver, a material-based destruction framework, facial autorigs, fullbody IK, enhanced animation and modeling workflows, UV autoseaming, GLTF I/O, gamedev tools and much more.
About Side Effects Software. Side Effects Software is a world leader in the development of Houdini, our advanced 3D animation and special effects software for use in film, commercials and video games. Side Effects Software has been recognized three times with Scientific and Technical awards from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The Houdini family of animation software offers digital artists an unprecedented level of power, flexibility and control based on award-winning procedural technology. The comprehensive feature set includes: modeling, rigging, animation, particle effects, dynamics, compositing, integrated rendering, and more. All Houdini applications work together seamlessly and are available for the Mac OS X, Linux and Windows operating systems.
Product: SideFX Houdini FX
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer
Size: 1.4 Gb