SwitchArcade Round-Up: ‘Girl Genius’, ‘Flightpath’, Plus Today’s Other New Releases and the Latest Sales

TouchArcade

iPhone Gaming
iPhone Gaming
Hello gentle readers, and welcome to the SwitchArcade Round-Up for April 3rd, 2024. In today’s article, we’re doing the usual Wednesday thing. That means we’ve got a slightly thinner broth to work with today, but we’re going to do our best with it anyway. A small handful of new releases to look at, and some small lists of sales both new and expiring. I had some other ambitions about what I wanted to do today, but things didn’t work out, so here we are. Let’s get to it!

New Releases

Flightpath: Adventures in Venaris ($9.99)

flightpathadventuresinvenaris.jpg

Oh, it’s a widescreen vertical shoot-em-up. I don’t have much love for this kind of set-up, but I know that’s a personal hang-up. You might be fine with that, and with that in mind you might be fine with this game. It also has ten procedurally-generated stages, three different characters to choose from, branching paths, an upgrade system, and a fair bit of story content. This isn’t my style of shooter at all, so I’ll just leave things here and let you figure it out.

Girl Genius: Adventures in Castle Heterodyne ($29.99)

girlgeniusadventuresincastleheterodyne.jpg

An action-adventure game from the developers of Teslagrad, based on a series of graphic novels I can’t say I’m familiar with. The game has been out for a bit on PC, and while it doesn’t seem to have gotten a ton of attention it does look like those who played it largely enjoyed it. Is that enough to punt on it for thirty bucks? I don’t know, but it at least merits further investigation.

Knowledge Keeper ($4.99)

knowledgekeeper.jpg

And here’s a little puzzle game if you’re looking for an affordable one today. Gather up the shattered fragments of some important crystals that got broken somehow. Come on now, Knowledge Keeper. You have to take care of crystals. Don’t just leave them on the coffee table or what-have-you.

Frowntown ($12.99)

frowntown.jpg

A comedy RPG? Like, an RPG where you play as a stand-up comedian? I haven’t seen that before, and that’s not something I can say about most game concepts. On-stage you have to pick the right jokes and try to win over the crowd, while off-stage you have to make careful choices that can have a major effect on your stats and the progression of the story. If you’re looking for something different today, this is assuredly that.

Sales

(North American eShop, US Prices)

Not much in that inbox today. Not much at all, really. The outbox has a few interesting things in it, including Assault Suits Valken, Quest of Dungeons, and Spy Bros. I think I can leave this one to you to sort out, as both lists are relatively brief. Look, I’m sure things will pick up as the week draws to a close.

Select New Sales

deflector.jpg

Deflector ($1.99 from $22.99 until 4/9)
Bullet Rodeo ($1.99 from $11.99 until 4/9)
Nora: The Wannabe Alchemist ($1.99 from $19.99 until 4/9)
They Know ($1.99 from $6.99 until 4/9)
Mechanic 8230 Escape From Ilgrot ($1.99 from $14.99 until 4/10)
That’s A Cow ($1.99 from $5.99 until 4/10)
Gem Wizards Tactics ($1.99 from $12.99 until 4/10)
Circa Infinity ($1.99 from $9.99 until 4/10)
Super Tennis Blast ($4.49 from $14.99 until 4/23)
Super Soccer Blast ($3.99 from $7.99 until 4/23)
Super Volley Blast ($4.99 from $9.99 until 4/23)
Farmer Simulator Evolution ($2.99 from $19.99 until 4/23)
Bus Driving Simulator 22 ($2.99 from $27.99 until 4/23)

Sales Ending Tomorrow, April 4th

assaultsuitsvalken2.jpg

Assault Suits Valken Declassified ($9.99 from $24.99 until 4/4)
Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King ($3.74 from $14.99 until 4/4)
Crystal Chip Collector e ($3.49 from $4.99 until 4/4)
Even if Tempest Dawning Connections ($37.49 from $49.99 until 4/4)
Petit Petit Petit ($6.49 from $12.99 until 4/4)
Pocket Quest ($2.39 from $7.99 until 4/4)
Quest of Dungeons ($2.24 from $8.99 until 4/4)
Re:Cento ($1.99 from $2.99 until 4/4)
Rebel Transmute ($17.99 from $19.99 until 4/4)
Sherlock Holmes The Awakened ($13.99 from $39.99 until 4/4)
Slayin 2 ($2.99 from $11.99 until 4/4)
Space Papers: Planet’s Border ($2.39 from $7.99 until 4/4)
Spy Bros ($5.59 from $7.99 until 4/4)
Unturned ($14.99 from $24.99 until 4/4)

That’s all for today, friends. Tomorrow is Thursday, and that means we’ll have a very big list of new games to consider. Almost twenty titles on the schedule so far, with Freedom Planet 2 leading the charge by my measure. We’ll do our usual summaries of all the games worth summarizing, plus deliver any sales and major news items that pop up during the next day. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday, and as always, thanks for reading!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Users who are viewing this thread