Symantec Encryption Desktop Professional 10.5.0 MP1
Languages: Multilingual | File Size: 110.1 MB
Symantec Encryption Desktop Professional is a comprehensive suite of encryption applications which provides flexible, multi-layered encryption by bundling Drive Encryption to secure the files stored on local hard drives, and Desktop Email Encryption to secure confidential data in email. Key Features
- Hard drive encryption software locks down the entire contents of a laptop, desktop, external drive, or USB flash drive, including boot sectors, system, and swap files.
- Enables encrypted email and secure AIM® Instant Messages.
- Creates storage-independent encrypted containers for transport and sharing of specific files using included utilities; PGP Self-Decrypting Archive, PGP Virtual Disk, and PGP Zip.
- Includes PGP Shredder which can completely destroy unwanted disk-based files and folders.
- Drive Encryption can be centrally deployed and managed by Symantec Encryption Management Server.
- Secures email without burdening users, to improve compliance with policies and regulations without hindering productivity.
- Allows users to easily and transparently share encrypted files and folders, improving data security without impacting user productivity.
- Management by Encryption Management Server centralizes creation, deployment and management of data security policies and reporting.
Compatibility with Microsoft Windows 10
This release supports the installation of Symantec Encryption Desktop on systems running Microsoft Windows 10, both 32- and 64-bit versions.
User Interface for Microsoft Windows Pre-Installation Recovery
Microsoft Windows Pre-Installation (WinPE) provides a bootable recovery tool to recover data from an encrypted drive that has been damaged or corrupted. You can now boot to a system that has been damaged or corrupted using a WinPE recovery CD or USB drive and then use the new graphical user interface to recover an encrypted drive.
New Pre-Boot Smart Card Compatibility
Added compatibility with Gemalto TOP DM GX4 72k (FIPS) cards for pre-boot authentication for Symantec Encryption Desktop for Windows.
What's new in this release:
The Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.5 Maintenance Pack 1 (MP1) for Windows release includes support for Windows 10 version 20H2 and fixes for various customer-reported issues.
- Support for Microsoft Windows 10 version 20H2
- This release supports installation of Symantec Encryption Desktop on Windows 10, version 20H2 (October 2020 Update), Enterprise, and Pro editions, 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 (32-bit and 64-bit editions)
- 1 GB of RAM
- 300 MB hard di