The PlayStation Weekly Wrap

PlayStation

PlayStation
This week’s news stories have packed a mighty punch with some big announcements. Let’s get right to it, shall we?

The Big Stories This Week

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 gets a trailer, Rockstar and PlayStation get a partnership

We doubt you missed this one, as Rockstar spent a good part of this past week
    Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
    with what was eventually confirmed as a PS4-bound sequel to its brilliant western Red Dead Redemption. Not only did we get a beautifully evocative trailer giving us a taster of what was to come (and powered by PlayStation 4),
    of exclusive content for PS4 players.
  2. PlayStation Tournaments launches

Sign up and turn up for any number of ESL tournaments across a variety of multiplayer titles right from your PlayStation 4’s home dashboard. Even if you’ve been dominating the competition before online,
    in national tournaments and Cups.
  3. Lethal VR lets you relive your favourite action movies in PlayStation VR

Channelling old-school shooting galleries and mesmerising moments from action cinema’s best is upcoming PlayStation VR title, Lethal VR. From the mind that brought you PS2 shooter Black and including a bevy of iconic weapons from your favourite movies to test your skills with, Lethal VR’s
This week’s other headlines…

Deals of the Week

We’re starting our Halloween celebrations early, with
on PlayStation platforms. Have a look and see what frightens you.

Off-menu suggestion of the week

HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit has you playing Ash, prince of Hell, who also happens to be a skeletal rabbit. Riding a circular-saw jetpack. On a quest to kill 100 monsters who copped a look at a compromising photo of him. It’s a side-scrolling platformer with twin-stick shooter controls. Plenty colourful, plenty fun.

Tweets of the Week:

in
is one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had.

— Spawn On Me Podcast (@SpawnOnMe)

Nice reload action

— Sony London Studio (@LondonStudioHQ)

— Rockstar Games (@RockstarGames)

Hey, PS Blog team: watcha playin’?

Corey
“Back to the gruelling survival of
via my Vita. Although I have to reduce rain and the seasons of Summer and Winter, to save my sanity (real world, not in-game. But in-game too. If you know what I mean. Which you will if you’ve played this game. It’s amazing. Erm… look over there!) *runs*”

Matt
“This week has mostly been sponsored by curse words and a long-overdue ‘Crushing’ run I promised myself on
. That pumped-up mercenary on the train nearly broke me halfway through and I had to cheese Lazarovich for a few cheap shots, but – by God – I nailed it. (In case you’re wondering – no, I won’t be attempting a run on ‘Brutal’ difficulty. Ever.)”

Gillen
“I’ve only recently dove into
, and feel a fool for not doing so sooner. It reminds me of an intoxicating cocktail of Symphony of the Night’s gradually unlocking world (and its rich diversity of monsters) and the ever-mounting panic from exploring Resident Evil 4’s villages. I’m hooked. But also pretty bad at it. I’ve been schooled pretty much every night this week by Father Gascoigne.”

The post
appeared first on

Users who are viewing this thread