- Nov 30, 2015
Let this be your extended user manual for all things PlayStation VR!
It wasn't all that long ago VR was considered either something simple you added to a phone for a quick distraction or something amazingly complex for those who could afford the lengthy requirements of ownership. Sony created a compelling middle ground by doing what they do best — making something you actually want to have in your living room. PlayStation VR is a companion for your PlayStation 4 that elevates your current games and helps you explore an entirely new way to feel like you are the character you're playing.
Being able to fully enjoy this experience requires more than just taking one out of the box. Here's our complete user manual for all things PSVR!
What you need to know about PlayStation VR
We've included links to each section in this guide so that you can easily find the specific pieces of information you may need regarding your PlayStation VR, whether that means which games are the best to get or even just how to set it up.
- Which PlayStation 4 is best for VR?
- Getting started with your PlayStation VR
- Getting to know Cinematic Mode
- Gaming in PlayStation VR
- Game reviews, tips, and tricks
- Best peripherals and accessories for PSVR
- Doing more with PlayStation VR
- PSVR troubleshooting
- Selling your PlayStation VR
There's more than one box named PlayStation 4, but don't panic! They all work with PlayStation VR, but one may offer better experiences. If you're using a PlayStation 4 Pro, you have a few more options than you would with a normal PlayStation 4. Here's what you need to know!
- Which PlayStation 4 is the best for VR?
- How to keep HDR support when using PlayStation VR
- Every PlayStation VR game enhanced through PlayStation Pro
Taking PlayStation VR out of the box is step one, but there's a lot more you should know about making sure you and whoever you share this system with have the best possible experience. You need space to move around, and you need to make sure the headset stays comfortable while you are doing so. Here are the best ways to get yourself not only set up but comfortable!
Don't worry, we know updates can be a little scary, so we even have a walkthrough of Everything different about the new PlayStation VR for those who have had their consoles a little longer!
- How to set up your PlayStation VR
- How to get the perfect PlayStation VR room setup
- What's the ideal camera height for PlayStation VR?
- How to get the perfect fit for PlayStation VR
- Readjust your VR space after decorating for the holidays
- Everything you can do with the PlayStation Aim controller
- How to get the perfect PlayStation VR room setup
- How to get the perfect fit with your new VR headset
- PlayStation Move controllers vs HTC Vive controllers vs Oculus Touch controllers
- PlayStation VR vs Oculus Rift
- Where to buy used VR headsets
PlayStation VR isn't just for playing virtual reality games. In fact, anything you can do through your PlayStation 4 can be done through PlayStation VR thanks to Cinematic Mode. A wide virtual screen that floats in front of you and fills your vision can free you from distractions, and maybe for some, become the only screen you use to enjoy your PlayStation.
- What to expect with PlayStation VR Cinematic Mode
- How to change the screen size in Cinematic Mode
- PlayStation VR's Cinematic Mode got an update and it's better than ever!
- Best 3D Blu-Ray movies to watch on your PlayStation VR
- The best music videos to watch in VR
- How to watch 360-degree and 3D YouTube on PlayStation VR
- Get the best possible 3D Blue-Ray experience with your PlayStation VR
- Best events you can watch live on PSVR
This is what we're all here for, right? Leaning over a virtual pool table to sink the perfect shot, losing your balance a little as you fling your body from tree to tree, and screaming as a demon gets a little too close before you squeeze the trigger. VR games are intense and incredibly enjoyable. The audio and video fill you and replaces the real world, letting you dive in and become someone else for a little while. Here's what we've found so far!
Don't forget, every month we update the PlayStation VR games coming out this month! So be sure to check out that list often to see what new types of experiences are coming your way!
The best games
- The best PSVR games
- The most anticipated PSVR games
- The best boxing games for PSVR
- The best horror games for PSVR
- The best PSVR games for move controllers
- The best shooters for VR
- The best multiplayer games for PlayStation VR
- 20 minute games for under $20 on PlayStation VR
- The most physical games for PSVR
- Every PlayStation VR game with HOTAS support
- Every PlayStation VR game with PlayStation Aim controller support
Available game reviews, tips, and tricks
Seeing lists of the best of the best not enough to get your blood pumping to decide which game to choose? It's okay, we've got a few detailed reviews on the games you really wanna check out, complete with some Tips and Tricks as well! Don't see a review listed here for a game you want to know more about? Let us know in the comment section below!
- Beat Saber review
- Skyrim VR review
- Monsters of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV review
- Blood and Truth review
- Moss review
- Blind review
- Farpoint review
- Rec Room review
- UltraWings review
- Werewolves Within review
- Star Trek Bridge Crew review
- Electronauts review
- Ultrawings review
- RIGS: Mechanized Combat League review
- Apex Construct review
- The Inpatient review
- Surgeon Simulator review
- Battlezone review
- Eagle Flight review
- Killing Floor Incursion review
- Skyrim Tips and Tricks for survival
- Doom VFR: Tips, Tricks and Cheats
Now that you're set up and have some games to play, check out some of the best gear to add to your PlayStation VR! We've gone through and tested quite a few products to find you the best not just in performance, but for your wallet too!
- Best headphones for PSVR
- Best vertical docks for the PSVR
- These are the best travel cases for PlayStation VR
- The best charging docks for PlayStation VR
- The best HOTAS controllers for PSVR
- The best driving wheel for PlayStation VR
- Best place to buy you PlayStation Aim controller
Gaming is an increasingly social experience, and that means some games are meant to be shared with everyone. That can occasionally mean sharing with others — even those who don't have a PlayStation 4. Sharing can also be as simple as a screenshot, or maybe you're ready to share your whole session on Twitch. Whatever your choice, know that your hardware is built to listen (unless you tell it not to).
- How to take a screenshot in PlayStation VR
- How to update your PlayStation VR
- How to connect PlayStation VR to your PC
- How to put prescription lenses in your VR headset
- How to see Twitch comments through PlayStation VR
- How to buy PlayStation 4 games from the Japanese store
Like anything, your PlayStation VR may not always behave exactly as it should. To help with that, we've assembled a troubleshooting guide to help you deal with everything that could potentially go wrong with your headset.
- How to deal with a shaking image in PlayStation VR
- Check out our PlayStation VR Troubleshooting Guide!
- Change the color hue of your room to help with tracking
- How to prevent lens fog in any VR headset
- How to deal with Aim controller drift
- How to deal with menu stutter on PlayStation VR
- How to fix every tracking issue on PlayStation VR
- Fixing lense scratches on your VR headset
- How to deal with nausea while playing PSVR
- How to deal with blurry images in PlayStation VR
- Getting your PSVR to work with a Christmas tree, or any other multi-light source
- How to fix screen mirroring issues
- How to deal with 3D audio not working
Maybe you've decided this isn't for you, or maybe you're in immediate need of some cash. Whatever your reason, if you need to sell your PlayStation VR quickly there's no need to rush out to the closest electronics shop and take their slim values. You have options, and we can help!
Get More PSVR
From $237 at Amazon
- PlayStation VR review
- PlayStation VR: The ultimate guide
- PlayStation VR vs. Oculus Rift: How do they compare?
- How to get the perfect PSVR room setup
- The best PSVR games out right now
- The best PSVR accessories