Would you buy a phone without a front-facing camera?

Android Central

Android Central
Android Central
Just how important is the selfie cam?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

When you buy a smartphone, there are a certain set of basic features you come to expect — A touchscreen display, rear cameras, a processor that can handle basic tasks, etc. One thing that didn't use to be an expected feature but has since become one is a front-facing camera.

Front-facing cameras are incredibly useful for selfies, video conferencing, and more, but what would happen if a phone shipped without one? Would people still buy it? Would it be a complete failure?

Here's what some of our AC forum members have to say.

default.jpg

UseAndroid86
02-06-2019 08:46 AM

What's frustrating me is all this effort to incorporate a front facing camera when I have never once used a front facing camera. Never used the Iris scanning feature, never used it as a mirror, definitely never used it for selfies. Seems to me that this feature is holding back the evolution of the phone. Couldn't they have a model specifically with or without the front camera? Am I alone on this?

Reply​

L0n3N1nja
02-06-2019 11:29 AM

A phone without a good front facing camera would sell horribly. Some people like you may not use it, but most people do occasionally and some very frequently.

Reply​

Mooncatt
02-06-2019 12:07 PM

I've rarely used mine and would be fine without it. But selfies are extremely popular (even starting to replace autographs with celebs), so I can see why manufacturers use them.

Reply​

Javier P
02-06-2019 12:13 PM

And it's not only about selfies, more and more people use the front camera for video calls, being with friends, relatives or even business. As stated above, a phone without a front camera or any workaround trick would sell terribly.

Reply​

What say you? Would you buy a phone without a front-facing camera?

n04HKATH6LM

Users who are viewing this thread